Reasons I didn’t blog for a while
- I simply needed a break (I recommend it)
- I wondered whether it made a difference (It does, thanks to all who read and reached out)
- There is something to be said for not saying anything
- I wanted to observe the world, social spaces, businesses as part of learning (This has given me plenty of content for the future)
- Time and priorities – something has got to give, I believe I can have what I want, just not all at once. (Social has become a rat race all its own, that’s too bad)
- I became disillusioned by how search and gaming has impacted writing. (Hence the X Reasons To Stop blogging – I can’t stand the solution headline, and really dislike that it works)
So have I been doing nothing? well no. I have spread myself around the social spaces by commenting on other blogs, I think the commenters are not rewarded in the social scheme of “measurement”. That’s too bad, kind of anti social in fact.
Most importantly I co-host the Beyond Social Media Show with BL Ochman and David Erickson. It is a live Google Hangout that we do mostly on Tuesdays at 1 PM Central Time US. BL Ochman and David Erickson are two of the finest digital marketing minds I know. I’m grateful for their insights, collaboration, and friendship. The Beyond Social Media Show has a YouTube channel where you can comment on our marketing strategies and occasional rants.
The Beyond Social Media Show also has a Google + Page where we’ll post links to some of the material covered in the half hour program, or post additional information we don’t have time for in the show.
Will I need another break from blogging? Probably, but my mission is to find that happy place between blogging incessantly to keep pace with the desires of readers, algorithms, and competition, or to avoid becoming a member of the digital homeless without a permanent residence for related information helpful to supporting a business.